For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

my thunderstorm

from my email to you~

well, my thunderstorm is a combination of tumultuous thoughts and feelings...
... and yet in the midst of all this there are moments when i am completely overwhelmed by feelings of grace and humility~ simple moments when i feel deep gratitude for being alive. these moments come to me at surprising times--when i least expect them. like the other day when i was coming out of the store where i purchased a few items i needed for dinner with friends.........as i walked to my car with my bag of lettuce, french baguette, and icecream, i was suddenly flooded with feelings of gratitude.......in that moment i suddenly realized how lucky i am to be living a life where food comes easy and i have plenty to share. these feelings were so strong i had tears in my eyes. ...then last night when i went walking i saw a spectacular sunset. there it was..... lavendar, rose, and bright glowing orange....hovering above the wheat fields that shimmered pink in the glow and smelled faintly of fresh bread. and again that feeling swept over me, taking me by surprise. and i was suddenly very aware of how much i value my eyesight, sense of smell, and all my other senses. and how fortunate i truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews