For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The New Addiction

 In this world......Don't we have enough items paired with chocolate?  There's chocolate covered fruit, pretzels, cookies, peanut butter, donuts, coffee beans, nuts of all kinds, even chocolate covered insects.  But no, apparently there are not enough food items coated with chocolate.  They had to think of yet one more.   Salted Caramel.  
Mine came in the mail today.  A gift from my special cousin Jeannie.  And there were just a dozen.  ....Beautiful little squares of caramel, covered in a deep dark chocolate.  And then sprinkled with sea salt.  I decided to eat one-a-day (like the vitamin).  So I tried my first one tonight.  Even though it was small, I ate it in 5 delicate little-mini-bites and savored it as long as I could.  The combination of the creamy caramel, rich dark chocolate, and saltiness is something I have never quite tasted before.  I have renamed this treat what it should be called---CRACK. 
Then Dallas came in and wondered what was in the big box. I showed him my 12 small caramels.  (There was a big shipping box because they packed the tiny package of caramels in with a huge gel coolant pack so they wouldn't spoil----must be all that fresh cream and butter!)  Because I am so nice (plus he was staring at me while I was finishing off the last bit of mine), I offered him one of my little precious chunks of crack.  He accepted my offer (dammit!)  and popped the entire thing in his mouth. 
WHAT THE HELL!  You don't shove the whole thing in your mouth at once!  Are you crazy!!??......these have to be savored!  They have to be enjoyed slowly!  These are not ROLOs or Milk Duds for crying out loud!
Well, maybe now---after being chastised---he will never accept an offer of caramel crack again....One can only hope. (and now I really do resemble a crack addict.....I have hidden my drug-of-choice-caramels in the butter compartment of the refridgerator.  I am no longer sharing my stash.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews