For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Peace

walking in the dark tonight..........for several hours---through the fields...alone
the night sky was black with no moon ........no stars
only three cars passed me and only a handful of houses drifted by...
the smell of woodsmoke and the pungent odor of earth just turned hung in the darkness...
at times --the air--it was silent and still
other times birds stirred in the treetops...and animals scurried in the brush...and once i heard the grinding of a tractor churning late in the fields
i felt the darkness weighing down on my shoulders, as if i was carrying a shoulderbag.....of something.......like hope
my footsteps echoed and my thoughts swarmed around me, like bees...waiting to find just the right place to light.
once back home... after the long walk, i felt the wet heat of my own body clinging to my skin and my face stung as the warmth of the room brought blood rushing to my cheeks
now it's time to sleep .....and go walking with the angels on the other side of midnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews