For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chop-Chop!!

Getting a haircut in Belgium is …well...an experience. In the crowded and busy salon one guy washed my hair with cherry-almond scented shampoo and gave me a wonderful scalp massage. Then another guy cut my hair. Then guy number one dried and styled my hair (unfortunately his deodorant had expired hours earlier). Then half-way through the drying and styling he stopped and a girl took over and finished it. Then guy number 2 (the cutter) came back and sprayed some kind of mousse all over in the air above my head. It flew around my head in little bits like confetti. As he sprayed he yelled "Yay!! Obama!!" And after they all finished with this big hair-cutting event, the entire hair salon cheered for my hair! (By the way…the cut was fabulous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews