For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Valentine Proposal

Walking hand in hand along a wooded path together yesterday----
Me:  Hey, do you wanna be my Valentine?
Dallas:  (quickly exclaiming without hesitation ) YES!!!!
Me:  (smiling) Thanks!  That's nice.
Him: (smiling too) So now, what do I have to do? (a glint of romance in his eye)
Me:  Well, you have to treat me like a queen, wait on me hand and foot, tending to my every need the entire day on Valentines Day and 2 days before.  So basically you will be my slave for 3 days.  Starting tomorrow.
Him:  (not smiling but deep in thought now)  Oh.  
Him: (more thinking...still not smiling)  I don't think I agreed to those conditions.
Me: Sorry, but you did.  You accepted the arrangement.  Can't help it if you failed to read the fine print.  A deal is a deal.
Him:  (more thinking...then a big smile) Hey! (excitedly) Do YOU wanna be MY Valentine?!!
Me:  (quickly.  without thought.) No.  No thank you.  I'm fine with just you being my Valentine.  But thanks anyway.


We walk along the path in silence. (while he contemplates his dilemma...... while I laugh loudly in my head)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews