For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Life really is a beach.


I'm hot and tired....oh---and hungry.  And I am riding on the "Speedy Shuttle" from the Tampa airport to Sand Key.  Sounds scenic right?  Sounds like a tropical paradise doesn't it.   Here's how it went down. 

The beginning.......The Sights:  The FIRST AND ORIGINAL HOOTERS (I put all caps because the sign was huge and practically screamed at you as you rode by).   Next was "Dave and Bob's Christmas Wonderland"  ----  I have no explanation.  And finally.....Billy Bob’s Crab Shack --sign boasting "Get your crabs here".   At this point the shuttle driver began belching loud (probably smelly) burps.  (I inched further back in my seat---pressing my back into the stained seat as tightly as I could).

The end.....The Sights:  However....all is not lost.  Tonight I went for a 2 hour walk on the beach at dusk and saw the sun slip quickly below the horizon, and then watched the colors change from yellow to red to orange to pink and finally to a lovely lavender...and then slowly fade.  I listened to the waves crashing at my ankles and marveled at the birds swooping at the tide, while some scurried along the sand as if late for some important date.  And at the end of the walk my lips tasted salty and my feet were gritty with white sand.  Nothing nicer than the ocean. Really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews