For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Orange Moon (written many many moons ago)

Orange Moon

As the orange moon rises
The sky glows a hazy amber
The air is still and silent
The only sound is the beating (breaking) of my heart.

The world goes on, unaware, uncaring
Of my dilemma---of my fate
And yet I cannot shake the steamy dreaminess
The orange moon is a reminder of what can never be.

I wait in the eye of the storm
In the peacefulness which I know is a façade
The storm is inevitable
Too much, too soon, how I long for that orange moon.

The heat is intense...too hot
I feel weaker as each day passes
Warmer as the orange moon appears
Moonbeams blazing on my skin like a phantom fire.

As the night fades into day
So does my happiness begin to wane
Life would be so simple, yet so dreary and bleak
Without the orange moon.

tmo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews