For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bell ringers on high....

We went to Maastricht (Netherlands) yesterday---for the day. It was a beautiful day and there we were on the town's ancient bridge, looking down the peaceful river at all the boats and people...and suddenly I hear the church bells ringing.....and they are lovely! And they are not just clanging out some random pattern, they are playing a really pretty melody. I am so enjoying it.......watching the boats....feeling the sun on my face and the nice breeze and........wait......what is that song? I know it I'm sure. It's .....it's........what the.......it's Hotel California. what? Hotel California? Yes, it is. Only in Maastricht. (I suppose the bell-ringers had just returned from a nice trip to the local "coffee shop" where hashish is sold and actually listed on the menus)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews