For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

leggo my ego

ego boosters for today (and let me tell you...i needed them):

in a restaurant. he approaches me and says, "i have to tell you something"
me: um...ok
him: but i have to whisper it in your ear.
me:(cautiously) uh huh
him: (whispering) you are really very beautiful
me: (somewhat embarrassed) what? ..um....well...thank you (now feeling like i am in some kind of harlequin romance novel moment)
him: no, THANK YOU
i walk away face flushed pink

later......driving in my car. a big truck pulls up and begins driving next to me. i look over----he is looking down into my car at me (and my legs...and unlike most belgian guys in trucks....he has all his teeth and in fact he is good-looking). he motions for me to let him cut in front of him. i do and he pulls in front of me, leans out his window and looks back at me.........then blows me a kiss. i smile. later i pass him and he flashes his lights at me. (ok........for those who don't know the belgian road codes, this means "pull over at the next rest stop"......of course i don't)...but i am still smiling.

...and then this morning i awoke to a beautiful lightning and thunderstorm...my bedroom is in the tower of the castle guardhouse and a cool north wind was blowing the long white curtains in the large window. the storm was electric and i enjoyed it for a few moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews