For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Kindness~ there is no substitute

yesterday a friend of mine said the nicest thing to me. she told me that she loves my beautiful shiny red hair and that she thinks my skin is also beautiful. her comments took me by surprise. they also made my day. i felt really good the rest of the day because of her kindness. i am going to try to remember this--how a kind word or sincere compliment can make someone's day. maybe they are feeling low and my comment could be the thing that lifts them up. i always try to be kind to everyone but now my goal is to be especially kind to at least one person every day---to pay them the compliment that has been lingering in my head, that i never seem to get around to sharing, to tell them how much they mean to me, or how much i enjoy being with them. we shouldn't underestimate the power of a kind word or gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews