For those who have time to burn.....here are my tales of cat vomit, culture shock American-style, faux pas involving large turds and lingerie (not in the same stories thankfully), Gynecology exams gone awry, and other misadventures.....all true (although at times, names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent).

Followers

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

When a breeze blows up your skirt.....

So today at work the zipper on the back of my skirt broke.....which means that I had to spend the rest of the day walking around with my skirt wide open in back. I contemplated walking backwards around the clinic.....but then realized that although those behind me would no longer be privy to my problem.....the people coming toward me would now be able to see my backside. There didn't seem to be any real solution except to sit in my office and avoid all walking around whatsoever. I am beginning to see a pattern of wardrobe malfunctions in my life.....like the time I broke the high heel off of my shoe when I arrived at work (one heel got stuck in the grate at the door entrance and snapped off) and had to spend the entire day at work walking around with one high heel and one flat.....or the day I quickly grabbed my high heels, put them on, and ran off to work in a hurry (like I do every day) and then in the middle of a therapy session looked down to see that I was wearing one black high heel shoe and one navy blue one (I'm sure it cultivates patient confidence when they see I am unable to match simple colors) ....or the time I got a strawberry stuck in my stocking leg (as detailed in a previous note). It's like that nightmare you have...the one where everything goes wrong and everyone is laughing at you and you are humiliated. Well... welcome to my world. (but hey--now I have an excuse to buy a new skirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews